- What are the key challenges and barriers you face to recruiting and managing volunteers?
- What are the potential opportunities and solutions to help support and improve volunteer recruitment and management?
- What existing guidance and resources do you use to support you with recruiting and managing volunteers?
- What key things should new guidance cover to support you?
- Are you an example of good practice? Please let us know!
Investing in Volunteers
We recently held and event for NHS Trusts on Investing in Volunteers (IiV) the quality assurance kitemark for volunteering. We had some great feedback – thank you to all the speakers and participants! The kitemark can be applied to any volunteering involving organisation. The process the organisation goes through to achieve the award and the recognition it brings make a real difference to the quality and impact of volunteering. If you would like more information on IiV please see: http://iiv.investinginvolunteers.org.uk/ If you would like any further information on how it can support current national health and care policy and the impact it has please contact email@example.com
NEW GUIDANCE: Helping in Hospitals – high impact volunteering
This practical guide explores how hospital trusts can take a more strategic approach towards volunteering and how the impact of volunteering can be measured through rigorous evaluation. The guide includes a four-step framework, supported by detailed advice, checklists, tools and examples drawn from the hospital trusts within the programme.
Helping in Hospitals: A guide to high impact volunteering in hospitals
The evaluation of the Helping in Hospitals programme - led by The Social Innovation Partnership (TSIP) - found statistically significant positive results on several outcomes including overall patient experience, mood, anxiety levels, nutrition and hydration, and releasing nurse time to care. The final evaluation report contains the full results from the evaluation of the programme. Measuring the Impact of Helping in Hospitals - Final evaluation report