We are working with Health Education England on a new programme of work which aims to support and encourage NHS organisations to invest in the education and training of staff to deliver high quality, end-of-life care.
The report One chance to get it right identifies that while organisations can change and improve processes, culture and training, support and engagement is needed from national organisations to promote the importance of this specialised care.
Our aim is to assist organisations in assessing and developing their end-of-life training and, in so doing, we will be developing:
- good practice from NHS organisations that continue to invest in end-of-life care training for staff
- top tips on how education and training can have wider benefits for your staff and organisation
- an overview of the role of local leads at Health Education England and other national organisations that support the end-of-life care agenda and training
- signposting to national stakeholders who provide funding for end-of-life care training.
For more information, view the pages in the end-of-life care web section which include:
- an overview of end-of-life care
- a comprehensive list of e-learning resources to support staff with training
- tools to implement an end-of-life care strategy in your organisation.
The web pages will be regularly updated in the coming weeks so keep checking back for new information.
To share what your organisation is doing to ensure that staff deliver high quality end-of-life care, please contact us.