Our group of champions has slowly reduced over the years and following the integration of the two former deaneries and we are now looking to increase our number of trainers and extend the delivery of the sessions across the whole North West.
We hope to ensure that Windmills sessions are available to all Foundation trainees across the North West and there is potential to open up this opportunity for careers reflection to other grades of doctors at a career crossroad.
This is a great opportunity for NHS staff to develop their career training skills and help doctors in need of career support.
The programmes consist of career management tools with a focus on enhancing self-awareness and career management skills. Through a range of stimulating and interactive exercises, workshop participants will explore activities designed to help them consider their own career. Workshop aims include:
- Exploring why effective career development is important and highlight what it can involve
- Introducing a career development model that can help Doctors make more informed choices.
- Enabling participants to try out a number of tools and resources so that they can:-
- Analyse skills and competencies in more depth
- Identify what motivates them in their career and assess their personal priorities
- Recognise and reduce the impact of barriers they may be facing
- Set personal & professional goals for the future
We have identified two dates from the Windmills training organisation 30th and 31st March 2017 and if we get interest from across the North West we will look to obtain a central venue such as the Warrington area.
In the first instance please can you let us know expressions of interest (names and email addresses) by Wednesday 11th January 2017 by return email to: email@example.com
Further information on the Windmills programme can be found on the following website: http://www.windmillsonline.co.uk/